“The Board is composed of the President, and four independent directors appointed to one-year renewable terms.”
Diane Thorp, President
I am a textile artist and work in my studio as much as possible. My mixed media pieces have been displayed in galleries and juried shows. Over the years, I have been on the ArtSea Executive, chaired the Sidney Fine Art Show Committee, and was one of the initial organizers of the Peninsula ArtSea Festival.
Lesley Turner, Vice-President
Lesley is a practicing artist and art instructor. She has a BA(Hons) 1st class in Embroidered Textiles, Middlesex University, London, UK and is a graduate of the Ecological Landscape Design program, Gaia College, Royal Roads University. She is a trained teacher with a BA in Geography and currently is an instructor in Fine Arts Textiles at the Victoria College of Art. She holds City and Guilds of London Institute certificates in embroidery and design, a University of Calgary Certificate in Visual Design and is a Master Knitter of Canada. Working in the textile medium, Lesley has exhibited across Canada, the UK, Germany and South Korea. She is a member of the textile art groups: Articulation, Studio Art Quilt Association and the Surface Design Association.
Susan Lane, Treasurer
I am a retired Chartered Professional Accountant. I had my own practice and was a shareholder in a construction company. In both my professional and volunteer life, I have worked with non-profits and registered charities. As with others who have retired, I happily decided to give back to the community where my skills would be most useful. I have been with the ArtSea Community Arts Council for about seven years and have enjoyed working with and meeting other Board members and volunteers.
Sharon Stoneman, Secretary
When I moved to the Saanich Peninsula 12 years ago one of the first things I did was attend a ArtSea event – the ArtSea Spring Studio Tour. After many years of attending and participating in ArtSea events I decided that I wanted to be a part of the Council and the work it does in our community. As a relatively new director I’ve been enjoying learning about how the Council operates and seeing first hand the impact it has on life on the Saanich Peninsula.
As an artist I work with textiles, exploring the world of colour and texture available to me. My works are abstractions based on my observations of the world around me, and my reaction to those observations. I consider myself fortunate to live and create in this beautiful place, surrounded by so many creative and inspiring people.
- Finance – Susan Lane (Lead), Diane Thorp, Sharon Stoneman
- Development – Diane Thorp (Lead)
- Governance – Sharon Stoneman (Lead), Lesley Turner
- Nominating – Diane Thorp (Lead), Lesley Turner
Program and Project Committees
The Program Committee Members manage the delivery of the ArtSea Programs. They prepare and manage budgets for the programs, and provide recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding the opportunities for new programs, or required changes to current programs.
- ArtSea Gallery Committee – Dale MacEwan (Lead), Ethel Mailhot, Heather Corbitt, Gail Hazlehurst
- Small Expressions by ArtSea – Dale MacEwan (Lead), Patty Wilson, Heather Corbitt, Gail Hazlehurst
- Artisans by ArtSea – Patty Wilson (Lead), Ethel Mailhot, Arli Law, Heather Corbitt, Helen Thomas, Nancy Bissonnette, Gail Hazlehurst, Louise Piquette
- Sidney Fine Art Show by ArtSea – Marg Melvin (Lead), Denny Gelinas, Susan Lane, Terry Murray, Helen McDiarmid, Marilyn Norman, Sarah Belanger, Susan Burns, Gord Mains
- ArtSea Studio Tours – Wendy Picken (Lead), Paul Harder, Donna K. Williams, Wendy Pierce-Diamond, Barry Tate, Sean McNeill
- Taste of Tulista by ArtSea – Terry Murray (Lead), Patty Wilson
- Salish Sea Lantern Festival by ArtSea – Jennifer Witvliet (Contract)
Office Administrator – Brenda Milne
To CONTACT the Directors, Committee Leads or Committee Members, please call the ArtSea Office at 250-656-7400 or email: email@example.com