Thanks to everyone that contributed to the 2020 Community Christmas Tree!
Calling all artists and creatives…
Where to pick up your wooden ornaments
Pick up your locally made Christmas Ornaments at participating retailers in Sidney.
Ornaments are priced at $5.00 for a pack of 2 ornaments (1 circle and 1 star). CASH ONLY please.
*Check out the interactive map below to see where to find your ornaments.
Share your ornaments with the community
Bring your hand-decorated Ornaments to Sidney and add them to the Community Christmas Tree!
We would be happy to add a layer of varnish to help protect your artwork from the elements – leave your ornaments in the bin under the tree (checked daily).
2493 Beacon Ave., Sidney BC
*Check out the interactive map below to see where to find the Community Christmas Tree.
Community Christmas Tree – Interactive Map
Who can participate? EVERYONE!
We welcome creations from young and old, professional artists to crafty kids – the Community Christmas Tree will be a tapestry of our community for everyone to enjoy!
- Proceeds from ornament sales go to support SBIA initiatives that strengthen our community
- A chance to spend some quality time with members of your household
- An opportunity to join your neighbours and beautify your community – who doesn’t love looking at home-made ornaments on a outdoor Christmas tree?
- Getting creative and participating in community events contribute to positive mental health!
Looking for some inspiration?
You can decorate your ornaments any way you like – here are some ideas:
- draw or paint your favourite holiday treats
- write a message, or paint a tribute for someone or something special
- create a picture of something cozy or glowy, snowy or twirly, swirly or sparkly
Community Christmas Tree is brought to you by:
ArtSea Community Arts Council
Wooden ornaments for this event are produced by McTavish Academy of Art.
The Community Christmas Tree was kindly donated by the Kiwanis Club of Sidney & Saanich Peninsula