The 2020 BC Boat show is returning to Sidney in May. And, back by popular demand, ArtSea is hosting a one-day open air art event along the waterfront in Beacon Park.
It’s fun and it’s free! 30 or more artists will demonstrate their art in the open air. Learn about their creative process in a relaxing and engaging waterfront setting.
Plein Air Artists 2020
|Show Dates:||Saturday May 2|
12:00 noon to 4:00 pm
|Where:||BC Boat Show at the Sidney Waterfront|
|Address:||Beacon Avenue, Sidney BC|
|Presented By:||ArtSea Community Arts Council|
|Committee Lead:||Terry Murray|
|Call to Artists:||May 5 to April 10|
Call to Artists
If you are interested in demonstrating your art form as part of the popular Plein Air Artists at the BC Boat Show, we invite you to fill out the registration form below, and to join ArtSea to ‘Make art happen’! Participation is free.
Registration Fee: Free
Download Registration Form
Download a PDF 2020 Plein Air Artists Registration Form and mail or drop off at the ArtSea Gallery in Tulista Park, 9565 Fifth Street, Sidney.
Event Guidelines for Artists
- All media welcome: painters, sculptors, carvers, photographers, weavers, whatever you do.
- Interact with 1,000 plus visitors at the Boat Show.
- Artists are encouraged to demonstrate their work.
- This is not a market. Artists may offer a limited selection of their work for sale.
- No commission will be taken.
- Event will happen rain or shine!
- Only 35 spaces are available.
- First come, first serve, Participants will be booked by date of registration.
- Registered artist will receive 1 Boat Show complimentary ticket.
- Spaces are located on the grass along the waterfront from Port Sidney to Seaport Park and Beacon Park.
- Each designated space measures 10 ft. x 10 ft.
- Spaces will be clearly marked by Event Coordinator on Saturday.
- No pre-booking of space.
- Artists are responsible for their own setup and materials and should be prepared for weather.
- No power provided.
- If you have to withdraw after registering, please contact the ArtSea Office at 250.656.7400 before April 30 to allow others to fill the space.