Short films featuring local arts and cultural practitioners. Experience a virtual studio visit and enjoy artist demonstrations, view recent works, and to learn about artist inspirations and the reasons why they produce the work they love.
ArtSea is pleased to showcase the amazing talent and the diverse work of the talented artists and artisans on the Saanich Peninsula, including Coast Salish art, painting, photography, wood turning, metal and fabric, multimedia, and story telling.
Welcome to the Virtual Artist Tour!
Thank you to our wonderful 2021 VAT Team: Tori Jones (producer) and Wendy Picken (Committee Lead), and their wonderful team of volunteers that worked to organize and present this program in 2020 and 2021! ArtSea was pleased to provide an opportunity for local artists and artisans to share their work during the pandemic. In 2022, ArtSea is returning to the in-person ArtSea Studio Tour program (CLICK TO LEARN MORE), and will not be producing Virtual Artist Tour Videos – but please continue to enjoy our collection of VAT feature videos below.
Piers Island Gallery
Sue Starkey, mixed media
2020 Virtual Artist Tour Videos
Please enjoy the Virtual Artist Tour videos that were created in 2020 as a way to share the work of our local artists and artisans with the community. We hope that you are inspired to connect with the artists; click the artist name to learn more about the artist by visiting their ArtSea Member Profile, or check out the ArtSea social media channels (@ArtSeaCommunityArtsCouncil) and comment on your favourite video. Feel free to share the links with friends and art enthusiasts.
Many Thanks to:
- Tori Jones for her expert filming and editing of these fantastic Virtual Artist Tour feature videos.
- Wendy Picken, Studio Tour Committee Lead, for investing her time and energy to coordinate artists filming sessions and going above and beyond to provide support for our local artists!
- Our fantastic ArtSea Member Artists who welcomed us into their studios so that we could share some arts and culture with the community.
- The Town of Sidney, the District of North Saanich, and the Province of BC through the BC Arts Council for making this project possible.
- Wayne McNiven, 2020 ArtSea Vice President and Virtual Tour Committee Lead, who volunteered countless hours to make the Virtual Artist Tour project a reality.